Pros and Cons of Proper Nutrition
Balanced nutrition is the key to good health and well-being. It helps to avoid chronic diseases, strengthen immunity, maintain a slim figure. However, proper nutrition is not a panacea for all diseases, it does not work miracles. This is just one of the conditions for a healthy lifestyle. By deciding to stick to a balanced diet, you will face both its benefits and pitfalls. But first, let’s figure out what PP is.
What is “healthy eating”
A balanced diet has nothing to do with strict diets or giving up everything tasty. You can only call the right food that provides you with all the necessary useful and nutrients, as well as a sufficient number of calories. A healthy diet is based on the following principles:
- The most important meal of the day is breakfast.
- We eat 4-5 times a day: 3 main meals, 2 snacks or lunch.
- Half of the plate is vegetables and fruits, a quarter is protein foods, and another quarter is carbohydrates.
- We drink as thirst arises, preferably non-carbonated mineral water, avoid drinks with a high content of sugar or carbon dioxide.
- We limit the use of sweets, alcohol, fatty, fried, smoked and rich, but we do not dwell on restrictions and prohibitions.
- Do not forget to include foods rich in fatty acids like omega-3 in your diet.
The benefits of proper nutrition
Healthy food is not at all a synonym for “boring” or “monotonous”, on the contrary: in order to remain healthy, food must be varied. Therefore, it is not surprising that a balanced diet has many advantages. Chief among them is health. Of course, you should not expect that you will become immune to infections and viruses, stop hurting your back, or miraculously heal a sprain. However, proper nutrition helps to strengthen the immune system, so you will become sick less often. General well-being will improve, a balanced diet will prevent the development of chronic diseases, including the endocrine system and the gastrointestinal tract.
The second plus of a healthy diet is a slim figure. Of course, the weight will not go away overnight: if there are excess kilograms, it will return to normal gradually, but a long-term effect is guaranteed. Unlike extreme diets that help you lose weight in a short time, proper nutrition will keep you slim for years to come.
In addition to these benefits, a balanced diet has other advantages:
- Improvement in appearance: hair, skin, nails will become healthier, you will appear younger.
- Normalization of mood: you will become less irritable, you will feel more confident.
- Extra energy: A balanced diet often provides strength, energy, enthusiasm, which many city dwellers lack.
- Risk Reduction: The likelihood of getting cancer, diabetes, or other serious diagnoses is reduced.
Disadvantages of proper nutrition
If proper nutrition is so good for health, what could be its disadvantages? For starters, there is a risk of overdoing it. Noticing a change in well-being, some people begin to “improve” their diet, reducing the number of calories or giving up all “bad” foods. On the one hand, this can lead to neurosis and eating disorders, on the other hand, there is a risk of developing chronic diseases. For example, if, with a tendency to low hemoglobin, delete all meat products from the diet, anemia may develop. This is not an innocent ailment at all, but a serious illness that requires a long treatment. Therefore, in everything you need to observe the measure.
The second minus is that the transition to the right diet can be psychologically uncomfortable, there will be a breakdown or disappointment in a balanced diet. In the presence of chronic diseases due to the rejection of the usual conditions, they can become aggravated.
The third disadvantage is that it is not so easy to reconsider your approach to food. We will have to be more attentive to the choice of products, cook at home, look for new recipes. This should be done regularly, because the diet should be varied, and many people have neither the time nor the moral strength for this.
Ready meals for every day
A balanced diet has many more advantages than disadvantages. If you’re too busy to stock up and take the time to cook, order BeFit’s Ready Weekly Meal. This is a healthy diet for every day, which takes into account your characteristics and goals. We have a weight management program and diet for those who want to lose weight. All products are fresh, healthy and extremely tasty. With us you will not want to eat sweets and fast food!