The division of products into “useful” and “harmful” is a matter of marketing for the most part. It is unhealthy to consume toxic, poisonous substances like ethanol. All food is beneficial in one way or another. Even foods that doctors recommend limiting in the diet contain many useful components or serve as a source of energy. However, there is food with an off-scale amount of substances that a person needs, and it is worth including it in your diet.
What products are called useful
The whole variety of food can be divided into several groups:
- Vegetables and herbs
- Fruits and berries
- Dairy products
- Protein foods and cereals
- Nuts and seeds
Each of these groups has foods high in nutrients, and foods from each category should be present in the diet. For example, dark natural chocolate contains many amino acids, iron, and other healthy components, and almonds are rich in vitamin E. Lentils and beans are rich in vitamins. However, medical statistics show that the USA eats very few vegetables and fruits, so we will focus on healthy foods from these groups.
The healthiest vegetables and herbs
The benefits of vegetables have long been commonplace, but how many people know what they are so useful for? First of all, vegetables contain many vitamins and minerals. There are also carbohydrates in the composition, but they are easily digested and maintain a stable glucose level in the blood for a long time. So what vegetables should you include in your diet?
- Broccoli. They are useful not only fresh but also stewed. Broccoli contains protein, fiber, and vitamin C.
- Carrot. Carotene, which is found in carrots, is necessary for the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes.
- Cucumbers. This is one of the lowest-calorie vegetables, which at the same time contains a lot of potassium.
- Bell pepper. Not only a sweet and crunchy vegetable and an invaluable source of ascorbic acid and antioxidants.
- Asparagus. It contains few carbohydrates but a colossal set of vitamins and minerals.
- Cauliflower. It has much more vitamin C than ordinary cabbage and phosphorus, potassium, and iron.
This is not a complete list of vegetables that should be included in your daily menu. However, it is important to consider that they bring maximum benefits, fresh or steamed. Roasting reduces the number of vitamins in food.
The most useful fruits and berries
- Avocado. A true superfood with more than half healthy fats.
- Oranges. Like other citrus fruits, oranges are rich in vitamin C and are high in antioxidants.
- Bananas. These exotic fruits are rich in potassium, vitamin B6 and fiber. It is also a great snack for athletes and a replacement for high-calorie sweets.
- Strawberry. An excellent tasty dessert with a low-calorie level but high in manganese and vitamins.
- Blueberry. The record holder for the content of antioxidants among products and a source of substances useful for vision.
- Apples. An invaluable source of iron, antioxidants and vitamin C, many varieties of apples are grown in the USA, which means that this fruit does not have to be transported from afar. This is useful not only for each person but also for the environment.
Berries and fruits are often included in ready-made desserts, but their health benefits are minimal in this form. This is due both to the processing method and the high sugar content in the dish, which negates the benefits of the fruit.
TOP 10 useful products
We included products recommended by doctors for men and women in the rating. Spinach tops the list of the healthiest foods. It is mentioned in all healthy eating tips because it contains many healthy ingredients. Spinach does not lose its properties in frozen or canned form; it has a beneficial effect on the digestive system and immunity and slows down cell aging.
Second place in the ranking goes to goji berries. This seemingly exotic product has a second name: common dereza. It grows everywhere, but the amazing benefits of goji berries have become known only recently. They are recommended to be eaten dried; this is one of the best snacks that allows you to quickly replenish energy reserves and strengthen immunity. Goji berries help to cope with overwork.
The top three are closed not at all by plant foods but by such a product as salmon. It differs from other varieties of fish in its high content of polyunsaturated omega-3 acid. It is a substance that is not synthesized by our body, so it is critical to get it from food. In addition, salmon is a unique source of protein. Nevertheless, you should not abuse smoked fish – with such processing; salmon loses its properties.
Also in the top ten most nutritious foods are:
- Avocado. We have already mentioned this vegetable, but doctors point to its properties, such as its high content of vegetable fats, which help fight excess weight.
- Quinoa. A healthy and tasty grain crop, one of the most popular food items among vegetarians. She deserves a place in the ranking due to a large amount of healthy protein.
- Broccoli. Deserved a place in the ranking for being rich in fiber and a daily portion of vitamin C.
- Almond. This is the best snack between meals; the main thing is that it is not fried in oil. Almonds are good for bones, teeth, and muscles and stimulate the brain.
- Beet. Doctors appreciate it for the high content of boron, which is necessary for the normal functioning of blood vessels and the heart.
- Sweet potato. An extremely nutritious culture that contains the fiber and vitamins our skin needs.
- Tomatoes. Include them in your diet, and these vegetables will help strengthen blood vessels and the heart and prevent the appearance of tumors.
The BeFit service offers a ready-made balanced diet containing all the listed foods. You don’t have to rack your brains on how to properly prepare exotic fruits and vegetables – you will get them ready-made.